2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp chinese rice wine
1 cup corn
2 cups rice
- scramble the egg, and set aside.
- heat oil in a skillet, add the scallions, garlic, sugar, sautee for 30 seconds.
- add the tablespoon of rice wine and corn, and sautee for another minute. then add two cups of rice and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- stir in the scrambled egg, and season with salt and soy sauce to taste.
3/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
3 tbsp lime juice
2 red onions, sliced
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
2 bay leaves
1 tsp corriander
- bring all of the above ingredients to a simmer in a saucepan.
- take off heat and stir occasionally, while it cools.
- serve at room temperature or cold from the fridge.