3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
4 4-ounce thin skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup freshly grated parm
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- bring pot of salted water to a boil. cook the pasta in the boiling water. drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; return the pasta to the pot.
- heat a tablespoon oil in the skillet. season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook through. transfer to a plate.
- heat 1 more tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet. add the cloves of garlic and cook 30 seconds. add the zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. transfer to plate with the chicken.
- meanwhile, whisk the flour and 1 cup milk in a bowl. pour in the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring. reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. add 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes if desired, and the parm cheese; stir to melt until the sauce has thickened.
- cut the chicken into strips. toss with the pasta, sauce, zucchini and parsley, adding the reserved pasta water to loosen and get desired serving consistency.