4 garlic cloves
1 package mushrooms
2 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp tomato paste
salt and pepper
- satuee the chopped onion in olive oil, when translucent add the minced garlic
- cut the pork loin into 1/2-1 inch cubes. season with adobo, salt, pepper. add to the pan with onion and garlic. also add the bay leaf, add some water and let it simmer for about 45 minutes, covered
- in the meantime, in a separate pan, sautee the sliced mushrooms.
- when ready, add the meat to the pot with mushrooms. season with marjoram, paprika, salt and pepper. let bring to a simmer until everything is tender
- about 10 minutes before end, add the tomato paste. if the gulasz is too runny, you can thicken by adding 1-2 tsbp flour
gulasz is a rich and flavorful polish stew, which you can make with pork or beef. it is a real comfort food with a unique flavor. i served my gulasz with a favorite, potato pancakes!