- get some fresh sea scallops. frozen are just fine, but let them thaw first. season with salt and pepper.
- place the appropriate amount of bacon strips (one per scallop) flat on a cookie sheet and throw into the oven for about 5 minutes. you want the bacon to be about half done, but still pliable so you will be able to work with it.
- once the bacon is at a workable temperature, wrap each strip around the scallop. secure with a toothpick it necessary.
- spread some olive oil on a grill or pan over very high heat. fry the bacon wrapped scallops 3 minutes on each side.
- plate and dress each scallop with a small dallop of butter right before serving.